Karna's Blog

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Greek Isles

Well, I am here in the Greek Isles, on Corfu, staying at the Pink Palace. I can see how this place would be awesome in the summer, but right now it looks very abandoned. It's really big but everything is rusted over and moldy and mildewy because there are very few guests until April. But it's still ok. I went on the "Quad Safari" today, a tour of Corfu Island on four-wheelers. It was fun! We got to see a lot, with beautiful views of mainland Greece and Albania. Tomorrow if it stays nice we are going to camp out on the beach all day--not warm enough for normal people to lay on the beach, but for us, since we've been living in 30 degree Florence. And, yet another language barrier here...but at least in Florence I can get by now, here I can't speak a word of Greek besides "Kappa Alpha Theta" (my sorority) and various other college Greek organizations :)