Karna's Blog

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Vatican City

Well, I went there yesterday. It was amazing and overwhelming for sure. Hundreds of thousands of people, if not millions. Amy and I decided last minute to ditch school and hop on a train yesterday morning at 6 AM. The train was full and we didn't want to stand for 3 hours so we snuck onto a sleeper car and went to bed and didn't get caught, so that was awesome. Then we waited in line for six hours to see the pope. It was worth it, though, and apparently we had it good, people after us waited for up to 10! He was green, that was strange, since I had never seen a dead body before. I have an awesome/semi-creepy picture for you I will post ASAP. Totally amazing to be IN Italy, IN Rome, and IN the Vatican City for this. I feel so lucky!