Karna's Blog

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

new school

for all the shit i give cena, I haven't written on here in quite some time. i started school last saturday (yes, saturday, yuck) and am now about to go into my first tuesday class, "Learning Psychology and student needs". I recently, as of yesterday, made the decision to do middle school for the time being and move to high school later in life. i really want to teach high school, but i'm a little worried--ok, totally freaked out--by the idea of student teaching high schoolers in just four months. i mean, I'll be 23 and they are 17 and 18, so i think i will have a problem getting any respect. seriously, at least 5 people this summer said to me at work "you are allowed to serve alcohol underage in alaska?" thinking i was cocktailing at 18 or 19. sheesh. I turn 23 in a month, people. so i have decided to do my student teaching in a junior high instead. crazy? maybe. i remember i really hated being a 7th grader, but maybe it will be ok teaching it.