Karna's Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Leavenworth Conference

I just got back from my first work conference as a fully employed, (almost) self-sufficient adult. Makes me feel old. But, the conference was pretty fun. Two days in Leavenworth, the town, not the federal prison, although that would have also been appropriate given my work. However, Kristyn and I (coworker, fellow youngster on the job, and fellow Whitman grad) decided that as stuck up as it sounds, we are much more intelligent than anyone who presented, and we are going to present next year. We already got permission. I mean really, no one was well-spoken and one guy just read his power point out loud to the group. EVERYONE knows that you make bulleted points and then elaborate during the lecture. Geez. So we, the youngest in the Prison Educators Association, will present next year and show them how it's done.