Karna's Blog

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Deep thoughts

well, not really that deep. sorry it's been three days. I DID figure out who Mark is, he works with me, I have just not known him by that name so I was confused...turns out for a smart person, I am confused quite frequently. So, last night I was feeling sorry for myself because I got to thinking how my life is boring. I came to this conclusion because of 4 people I was thinking about:
person 1) lives in a party city, bartends, and meets famous people all the time
person 2) lives in ITALY with her ITALIAN boyfriend and travels europe all the time. Couldn't possibly be more jealous of her life right now.
person 3) married with a baby
person 4) married and quite prego

Now I am not saying that I want to be married and I CERTAINLY do not want to be knocked up. IT's just that their lives are all fallen into place where mine involves a lot of debt and two roommates. hmmm. This morning, though, I decided that in fact my life is not that bad. I just went to Vietnam. Then Alaska. Although I do not live there with my italian boyfriend, I DID live in Italy for 6 months. Longer than most people. And I work at a prison, which is rarely boring. So, quarter-life crisis averted.

In the prison world, not a lot is exciting right now. Which is usually the way we want things. My class shrunk to 5 students by the last hour last night, one of the rare times i was BORED beyong belief. Today's morning class....hmmm....yep nothing big, just school. Tonight's class is coming up, though, so maybe something fun will happen. By fun, I mean either "dramatic", "exciting", well basically stuff that is not supposed to happen. Keeps things interesting when things happen that are not supposed to happen. Mark, don't get mad at me for wanting your job to get harder tonight. HA!