Karna's Blog

Monday, January 07, 2008

Now I Get It

First day back to work at prison. Woohoo. I think I overuse the phrase "woohoo." Morning class I have 15 but only 4 showed since I was not here Thursday and Friday so they assumed they did not have class today either. I used my new guy who is 6'9" or something ridiculous like that, like my bro, to help me hang my new math posters. YAY math posters. Only a nerdy teacher would get excited about math posters. Tonight I have 18 registered, but I'm guessing the showing will be low since once again they do not know I am back...oh well. I better not complain about lack of work since by the end of the week I will be back up to 25 inmate students. And it is not always easy to keep 25 inmates, ages 18 to 60, interested, quiet, and working. 8th graders were often more cooperative.