Karna's Blog

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Hotel Rwanda

Look at that, two posts in three days. Already I'm all over that resolution. At this rate I'm gonna kick this resolution's butt. So I watched Hotel Rwanda tonight for the first time. I took a few African history classes in college. Africa interests me. So, being the activist and world traveler that I am, I already found multiple volunteer organizations for various African countries. Kenya interests me the most. I would LOVE to do some sort of volunteer thing about Female Genital Mutilation, and I swear that does not make me creepy, but seeing as I am not a medical professional I have been looking at teaching positions, of which there are a ton. Nairobi and all the towns surrounding it. So, now I need money and time. Karna has a mission.