Karna's Blog

Friday, August 24, 2007

Vietnam

I can't remember what I have written about lately, but if I haven't already said it, I am going to Vietnam in November! For two weeks. Zieak, Cena, Ailis, me, Levy, Seth, and Mike are confirmed guests. That's awesome. I have a shitty shitty trip back, hitting like 35 stops, ok really just 5, but at least I will see lots of places. I fly from Ho Chi Mihn City to Singapore, spend a few hours there, then fly to Jakarta, spend a few hours there, then to Tokyo, spend 12 hours there, then fly to Hawaii, spend 6 hours there, then to Seattle. Luckily the Tokyo hours are 8 am to 8 pm so I can go explore hopefully. Last night at the Elks I met a guy who fishes here in the summers and lives in Honolulu in the winter so he said he would take me to the beach in Hawaii to kill time if I want. I'm not allowed to go out of the airport in Jakarta, says mom and various friends, cause they like to mug people in taxis and beat them up. I'm gonna see if it is possible to redo my ticket and do an Ailis-style straight shot there and back, but if not, it's ok. I'm just happy to get to go!