Karna's Blog

Monday, August 25, 2008

Goodbye Ginger

Ginger takes off today. She was only up here since Thursday, quick trip. At least she got to see Alaska. She got to see the real Petersburg too, since it has not stopped raining since she got here. Dan got lucky, he had like 4 days of sun out of his 7 days here. Now I work today thru Thursday and leave late Thursday night for Sitka for softball. I get home Monday. That's labor day so there is no work, then I work Tues through Saturday and head for Washington Sunday. I'm excited to get back, but I am also having weird thoughts of missing it here. Mostly, strangely enough, missing winter, because I was thinking about when I went to Wrangell last December and it snowed constantly and was so beautiful. I was thinking how I miss all that snow. Then I was thinking that someone needs to clunk me on the head with a blunt object and say "You idiot, it rains all winter, and snows maybe a couple times, which promptly turns to slush, now get the hell out of town and move back south."